Sunday 12 October 2014

We are sending asylum seekers back to Indonesia so they can be . . . beaten - The AIM Network

We are sending asylum seekers back to Indonesia so they can be . . . beaten - The AIM Network





We are sending asylum seekers back to Indonesia so they can be . . . beaten














In Haneef Hussain’s recent article on
The AIMN he told us why he and other family members fled their native
Pakistan, for Australia and a better life. In Pakistan their people
constantly faced torture or murder. As we also reported, they were on
the first asylum seeker boat intercepted and returned to Indonesia by
the Abbott Government. Hussain has written to us again with this brief
yet disturbing letter about his life in Indonesia.



I never accept persecution. I now live in Jakarta, Indonesia for
waiting my refugee status. Many journalists are coming here and have met
with me and other asylum seekers. I explain with truth and honestly
what has happened with me and the others and what forced to us to go by
boat to Australia or New Zealand.



After the smugglers see the articles about us we are threatened,
beaten, and our money is stolen from us. Here there is no justice and
nobody wants to hear us.



Last September 28, 2014 I told the SMH about my tragedy. Now the smugglers who beat me are searching for me again.


Why is everyone who reads our story so silent?


I have made requests to all humanitarian institutions but not one has
responded. Now my life is not safe in Jakarta. If the smugglers catch
me I will surely meet with an ‘accident’. They will do this because they
have already threatened me before. They said; “Why have you told the
news about us?”



Where can I go for justice? I want peace around the world.


Because someone heard me tell the media that I don’t want to die
because of human smugglers, I continue to be threatened by these people.
I could not lie to the media about what I have been witnessing.



Please look at the links to my stories.


Thanking you,


Hussain


http://www.watoday.com.au/world/asylum-seeker-beaten-and-robbed-after-confronting-people-smugglers-20140928-10n3zb.html


http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/political-news/asylum-seekers-allege-mistreatment-at-hands-of-navy-20140118-311ls.html


http://i.stuff.co.nz/national/10081263/Desperate-bid-to-reach-New-Zealand


http://www.smh.com.au/national/asylum-seekers-beg-for-detention-so-they-dont-starve-20140412-36jzx.html


Like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment